• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Info Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jus Kelly

I Live In Michigan At The Moment Im Currently Married and my husband is leaving for the army in a week my question is my parents have guardianship of my oldest son and his real dads father and step mom have suied for rights my parents would give me back my rights to my son but how do i stop the visition with my sons other grandparents they hadnt wanted anything to do with him till he was almost 3 his father has wrote many letters as to how he would take my life my son also tells me and my parents he doesnt want to go but when he gets there they bribe him to go in. me and my sons step grandmother do not get along she isnt allowed on my folks property nor me on theirs is there anything i can do to get my son back without a battle with these people.. my sons fathers dad told the judge that his son never meant to give me the letters that threatened my life. so any advise or help would be great thanks

BL

Why do your Parents have guardianship , if you are married ?

To answer your question , your son's grandparents would have to Petition the Court for visits , and unless they have had an ongoing meaningful relationship , I doubt they would be awarded visitations .

How does your husband feel about his Parents visiting the Son ?

Jus Kelly

because i was stupid and stayed with my oldest sons dad while he beat me so the court gave my parents guardianship i havent been with him in 3 years and ive finally got my life in order.. my husband is my youngest sons dad and he wants to adopt my oldest as his own but with my oldest sons dads parents its kind of hard because after 2.5 yrs of not wanten anything to do with him they all of a sudden wanted to take him off for over nights and my son didnt know them we had to force him in their car physically bending him to sit in the car seat but the judge still gave them rights after seeing what my son did in not wanting to go

BL

Obviously the Judge awarded the grandparents visitations.
It isn't going to change If your Parents relinquish Guardianship .
There has to be a substantial Change of circumstances .
Animosity ( you don't get along , or hate each other ), is not grounds for denial of visitations .

Jus Kelly

yeah im tryen to get laywer help on that its more in the matter that my son doesnt want to go but when he goes to get dropped off they tell him but we just got more games and whatnot they dont watch them last time he was there he fell into a pound with water up to his chin and another time him and their youngest son was found in a dryer they thought it was funny

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">