• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Depositions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jodoc45

What is the name of your state? California

I'm about to go to arbitration over a failed real estate deal. The plaintiff's lawyer just sent a long list of questions for a deposition. Do they have to be answered (and returned) before the arbitration date?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jodoc45 said:
What is the name of your state? California

I'm about to go to arbitration over a failed real estate deal. The plaintiff's lawyer just sent a long list of questions for a deposition. Do they have to be answered (and returned) before the arbitration date?

My response:

This is what happens when people insist on representing themselves. We're not here to give you lessons in California Civil Procedure. Go to your nearest university law library and look up Code of Civil Procedure 2030. You received interrogatories, not deposition questions.

IAAL

Veronica40223

smug

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

This is what happens when people insist on representing themselves. We're not here to give you lessons in California Civil Procedure. Go to your nearest university law library and look up Code of Civil Procedure 2030. You received interrogatories, not deposition questions.

IAAL

can't you just answer nicely without the smugness?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">