• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"It's your dads fault you don't have underwear"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mandik

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
I know I have posted here about this issue and don't want to beat a dead horse. However, I feel there is a line being crossed here. BF's ex told her son that his dad is stealing her clothes. This issue came about on our last visit. His son said that his mom told him to gather up socks, underwear and other clothing from our home. When my BF said no, his son became upset and started to cry. He said he has 3 pair of underwear at home and usually does not have clean ones beacause his mom said that his dad has them all. When the kids come, they take a pair, and leave a pair. It all balances out. I could not stand to see him so upset about this, he was humiliated. I said take underwear socks, whatever. I bought him new ones already. I know that the advice I was given was to have "their clothes" and "our clothes" This worked for a while until their mother instructed them to take extra things from our home. We never want them to go without, no matter where they are. Should I just buy them extra clothing and send it with? Even though BF sends 650 a month in CS? We have tried to be adult, and even follow the advice I was given. I think the kids believe that their dad is getting them in trouble with their mom when he won't give in. I'm sorry about this issue again. This is one of the only places I feel I am understood and get support.

abstract99

You know, I was having the same problem also. Mom did not want to buy the children new clothes. One day while putting the childrens laundry in their drawyers I was shocked by the lack of their clothes. I looked everywhere in their rooms to see if they were stashing them somewhere. When I failed to find the missing clothes I sat them down and talked to them. Turns out that they were taking the clothes over to moms house so that they had stuff to were there. Basically what I did was go through all of their clothes and pulled the ones out that I did not mind losing. (it was time to get new ones anyways). I allowed them to take these to their mothers house. I told them that those clothes that I had sent with them should be enough to make sure that they were dressed okay. I send them new outfits every season. I know it sucks but really if mom is refusing to buy the clothes then this might be the best thing to do for now. The issue can be brought up the next time that you go to court. This would be pretty hard to prove in court since mom would probably lie and dad has no way to provide solid proof aside from the childs word.

The children are constantly getting new clothes for birthdays and such so I go through and send mom all of the old items.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">