• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied to use the bathroom at school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Distressed2007

xxxWhat is the name of your state?

I live in Seymour, Indiana. At my school we have block scheduling which means classes are an hour and half long. I was in a class after lunch when i requested to use the restroom. my teacher told me no several times. I was so fed up that i told the whole class that i needed to attend to female problems. My teacher ignored my plea even though her being a woman you think she would understand. I was suspended from the class for two days because they said that i had disruppted the class because i told the class and the teacher bluntly that i would get the disease from my tampon if i wasn't granted a restroom break. My teacher made me wait 1 hour and 20mins before i was allowed to use the restroom but i was suspended for exercising my right to use the restroom in a forceful manner. Being suspended meant that i accquired 2 absences for the class when school rules only allow 4 absences in each class per semester. They took away my education for 2 days because i needed to use the restroom and pressured the issue during class. Has any right of mine been violated?

jancatty

Granchild denied bathroom priviliages in Oklahoma.

I live in Oklahoma and have custody of my granddaughter. She and other children are rountinely denied bathroom breaks.. Teachers are allowed their human right and medical necessity of relieving themselves of bodily waste. Most adults have that same right. Why should children be denied their basic rights as well. Can they get by with this. We here more and more about schools doing things never heard of before. They think they are their own little dictatorship. What can be done about this.

jancatty

Thank for the none advice

I am new to this didn't know It was an old thread. Don't want to reseurect anything
You all could have simply expained and not ridiculed.
I will know better to get involved in this sort of thing again. Should have know better. :(

Just Blue

I am new to this didn't know It was an old thread. Don't want to reseurect anything
You all could have simply expained and not ridiculed.
I will know better to get involved in this sort of thing again. Should have know better. :(

It is a bit confusing...after all the date is clearly marked in the uper left corner...:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">