• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probate Attorney Fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alrak

What is the name of your state? MICHIGAN

I consulted with a probate lawyer who says his fee is $175.00 an hour (estimated at four hours). The work he will be doing involves reviewing some documents as well as drawing up a final deed on a property. I realize that different attorneys have different fees, but is this within the reasonable range for probate work? I just want to make sure I'm not being gypped.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Alrak said:
What is the name of your state? MICHIGAN

I consulted with a probate lawyer who says his fee is $175.00 an hour (estimated at four hours). The work he will be doing involves reviewing some documents as well as drawing up a final deed on a property. I realize that different attorneys have different fees, but is this within the reasonable range for probate work? I just want to make sure I'm not being gypped.

My response:

Yours is not a "legal" question.

You're on the internet, which is going world-wide, yet you're from a town in Michigan. What's "reasonable" or "unreasonable" in your neck or the woods can only be compared with other attorneys IN your neck of the woods. Make some calls to other attorneys in YOUR neck of the woods.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">