• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA DCSS expert out there?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Screwed92586

What is the name of your state? CA

My first question is, Both parents are responsible for supporting their child. How can I be proactive to DCSS when I know my son's mom is lying at least $600 a month on her income, not counting side work she admitted to a social worker? I have I have a copy of that document.

I researched some and found also that support can be calculated on your ability to pay, meaning how much you can earn.

How does this come into play when she has not worked for years, but has 2 college degrees. The child is soon to be 14, it's not like he has any problems that she needs to be home with him.

She went through workmen's comp disability rehabilitation training over a year ago. Does this mean she is not classified as disabled anymore?

Any DCSS experts out there that can tell me what I can bring to help me would be excellent. She won't leave me alone, everytime I get a new job, or a raise, she is after me. In three years she has taken me back 6 times. I need to be loaded for this one, I think she is taking advantage of her free services.

Thanks,

I just want to say, I have no problem supporting my kid, and never have. I am just sick and tired of her going on vacations etc. while I bust my butt all year and she doesn't work and leads a great life being single hiding her income. I now have some papers where she admitted she did, but can I use them?

VeronicaGia

In CA, support is based on the net income AND parenting time of both parents. If you have zero parenting time, you will get zero credit and it won't much matter whether she works or not. If you do have parenting time, you can absolutely ask the court to impute income to her based on what she could be making if she was working. In the very least, minimum wage at 40 hours a week if she has no past job to go by.

Screwed92586

Thanks Veronica. I just have had a problem in the past with DCSS taking the mothers word for it. Also, them not at least calculating her at minimum wage. I guess I just have to be firm on my rights, and stick to it!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">