• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sick day issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dorodoro

What is the name of your state?:confused: What is the name of your state?
i live in Nevada.
yesterday, not feeling good at work, i told my manager that i would be taking a sick day/going to a doctor. wanted to give them heads up to arrange some coverage. i was told that 2 other employees were sick as well and needed to have their shifts covered so the manager just had to see what could be done. 2 hours later, i was told "i covered your shift, so you can be sick tomorrow." is this legal???? it`s not the first time that happens. how can anybody control being sick? i have 10 sick days a year and they make calling out sick such a headache (have to call 3 managers and any employees that are off to see if anybody can cover) that most of us come in sick anyways. i was told before "if you find somebody to cover your shift, you can be sick." these are the exact words!
i would like to report this. where to?

Beth3

i would like to report this. where to? Nowhere. Your boss hasn't done anything illegal and the company doesn't have to provide you with any sick days at all.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
With the exception of a condition that would qualify under FMLA, and nothing in your post indicates that this was the case, your employer has no legal obligation to offer you any sick time, ever. They can make it as difficult as they want for you to take sick time, they can deny you the opportunity to take sick time, and they can fire you for taking sick time, even if you provide a doctor's note.

You can report it to anyone you want, but nothing will happen because your employer is acting legally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">