• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Active Marine. IS 600 a month too much for a 3 year old?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ebonyprincess_1

What is the name of your state? Washington

I was wondering if 600 was a little too much for child support payments. My husband is in the Marines and we are married. Will the child support go down or will it stay the same.

haiku

child suppport is based on a percentage of the NCP's income, or an income shares model using the income, of both the NCP and the CP.

to get an idea of what someone should be paying you need to find an online calculator. one such place to find them is here-www.supportguidelines.com

J&A

No, it isn't too much I paid $800 for one kid and now pay $2,300 + benefits for two. Oh, and getting married does not effect your husbands responsibility to support HIS child.

ebonyprincess_1

I understand that but I think that some support payments are outrageous. 600 is too much for a 3 year old child especiall if the wife doesn't work and live with her parents and don't do anything. The child doesn't even go to daycare. He doesn't even have visitation rights. I am sure some of you will get upset and say that is a good amount but I don't think it is. It's not for the mother it is for the child. It is what the child needs. I think it is wrong especially since my husband has a family he has to support now.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
ebonyprincess_1 said:
600 is too much for a 3 year old child
Since you've already decided it is, why did you even ask?

ebonyprincess_1 said:
I think it is wrong especially since my husband has a family he has to support now.
And he knew he had that obligation prior to his new family. The court generally considers that a voluntary situation.

rmet4nzkx

ebonyprincess_1 said:
I understand that but I think that some support payments are outrageous. 600 is too much for a 3 year old child especiall if the wife doesn't work and live with her parents and don't do anything. The child doesn't even go to daycare. He doesn't even have visitation rights. I am sure some of you will get upset and say that is a good amount but I don't think it is. It's not for the mother it is for the child. It is what the child needs. I think it is wrong especially since my husband has a family he has to support now.
You and he knew his obligation when he married you.
If he wants a relationship with his child, he needs to petition the court for visitation. Time to stop believing in fairy tales princess.

ebonyprincess_1

Look I didn't come here to argure with no one and be talked down to. I stated my opinion and asked a simple question. Thank you.

brisgirl825

If your husband couldn't afford the first child he shouldn't have gotten a second familt to take care of. Despite what a lot of NCPs believe, a CP cannot go to court and ask for a certain amount of child support. It's done by income and percentages plus other expenses that the CP must prove that they pay such as daycare.
My exhusband was and is angry about the amount of support he pays. And it's Fing rediculious. All I get is $288 per month for two kids. The man has a college education but doesn't use it and he also tells me that he can't support our two children b/c he knocked up some woman and can't afford that one either. Here's an idea...Keep your junk in your pants.

Sarah

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It was already answered. CS depends on the incomes of the parents. $600 may or may not be the correct amount. If that's what's ordered, it is probably guideline.

Your kid likely will have no effect on his support obligation.

genivieve

grrrrrrrrr you people are so rude. Did you ever think for a moment knowing that this is child support law forum that some people are still looking for comfort. Give me a break, we are all humans and all have feelings. Sh*t if that wasnt that case we could be like the animals and not pay support.... "Oh what a wonderful thought, all those fat lazy moms at home would then realize collecting children for money would not be worth it" Anyways reading some of the threads a lot of these people are not only looking for advice but some place to vent or looking for someone in a similiar situation. So drop the damn attitude and start treating people like the way you would want to be treated. How do you know that this woman's husband ex is not some adulterous, abusive a*s. Should he have stayed just not to pay support? 600.00 a month is way too much. All judges that order this should be shot

ebonyprincess_1

Some of you all need to take a chill pill. I guess you got those on this forum who feel they should get about 3000 a month for child support. And to do what? Not work. Whatever. He only have one child and we don't have children together. But we live together and have other expenses too. He didn't know it was going to be that much we just found out. I got my answer from Haiku. THanks and Goodnight.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Go talk to Oprah, geni. Maybe she'll give you a makeover or something. This poster has given no facts as to whether the support amount is appropriate or not besides that she thinks it's too much. The fact remains - there was a support obligation that Dad had. He needed to take that into consideration when he made another (or more) kids. Period. End of story.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
ebonyprincess_1 said:
Some of you all need to take a chill pill. I guess you got those on this forum who feel they should get about 3000 a month for child support. And to do what? Not work. Whatever. He only have one child and we don't have children together. But we live together and have other expenses too. He didn't know it was going to be that much we just found out. I got my answer from Haiku. THanks and Goodnight.
And that's your problem. He still has that child, and that's his first obligation. If you don't like it? Find another warm body. (see, THAT was bordering on rude.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">