• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Intoxication Crime [If Judge decide Jail Time]

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

softvirgo

What is the name of your state? California

I have been arrested for 647(f) PC Public intoxication last week in california. Carl helped a lot and give lots of replies but I am having some more questions and I think I will be helped again.

My question is that

1) If i go to court without an attorney do I have right to get an attorney from court.

2) If judge sentence jail time . Is that going to start at the same time. I mean will the cops take persons directly from court to county jail or there would be some days in between in which I can appeal for it.

This is my first offense and I have no previous anything bad on my records.As Carl said probably I will be paying fine and may be some class but I just want to be secure and dont want to go to jail at any of time.

Please respond.

Thanks

CdwJava

softvirgo said:
1) If i go to court without an attorney do I have right to get an attorney from court.
That depends on your financial situation and if you face any jail time for the offense.

2) If judge sentence jail time . Is that going to start at the same time. I mean will the cops take persons directly from court to county jail or there would be some days in between in which I can appeal for it.
It could ... but usually they set a surrender date.

However, if this is your first offense, the chances of you winning the lottery are better than the chances of you going to jail for a few days for public intoxication.

The only way to be sure is to speak with an attorney who can tell you the past practice in your county. Personally, I would be absolutely stunned if you did ANY jail time at all.

- Carl

softvirgo

Public Intoxication

Hello Carl

Thanks a lot for your help. I hope I won't go to jail because this is my first offense only and I am having nothing on my record before.

Probably I will consult with attorney as per your advice.

If I will have some more questions I will post it.

I hope evrything goes good.

Regards

S

seniorjudge

softvirgo said:
Hello Carl

Thanks a lot for your help. I hope I won't go to jail because this is my first offense only and I am having nothing on my record before.

Probably I will consult with attorney as per your advice.

If I will have some more questions I will post it.

I hope evrything goes good.

Regards
Buy a lottery ticket. When you win, take Carl out for steak.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">