• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recent survey shows neighbors fence on my lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mw1

What is the name of your state?WA
I bought 2 adjoining lots (size @ .18 acre each) in gated community nine months ago. I had the lots surveyed last week so I could plant trees along the property line and also to know exactly where the lines are. The surveyors found that a neighbor to one of the lots built her fence onto my lot (only about four feet in, but these are small lots and I don't want to give any of mine up). She built this fence in October of 2004 without having her lot surveyed. The previous owner of her lot had planted grass in the area and kept it mowed so she thought it was hers. I would like her to move her fence line. Does she have any claim on that small area?

BelizeBreeze

mw1 said:
What is the name of your state?WA
I bought 2 adjoining lots (size @ .18 acre each) in gated community nine months ago. I had the lots surveyed last week so I could plant trees along the property line and also to know exactly where the lines are. The surveyors found that a neighbor to one of the lots built her fence onto my lot (only about four feet in, but these are small lots and I don't want to give any of mine up). She built this fence in October of 2004 without having her lot surveyed. The previous owner of her lot had planted grass in the area and kept it mowed so she thought it was hers. I would like her to move her fence line. Does she have any claim on that small area?
Go knock on her door and tell her that your recent survey showed her fence is encroaching on your property and to please have it moved.

If she doesn't then send her a CERTIFIED (RRR) Letter demanding she remove the fence to her property within 10 days.

If she still doesn't sue her for removal of the fence AND attorney fees AND court costs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">