• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NDFanatik

What is the name of your state? Texas

ok. My husband had an affair before we got married. he woman he had an affair with is now saying (over 9 months later) that she will either kill me the next time she sees me (with or wothout my husband there) or will harm me enough so that I will die later on. I have two people that have told me they heard her say this with thier own ears. I called the police station and they told me to get the witnesses down there to sign a testimony saying what they heard and that it will later go to the county attorneys office and if they feel there is enough evidence, they will put out a warrant to arrest her. Is there anything else I can do in the meantime? I don't want her to attack me and I don't want her near my husband or any of my family because I am afraid she will do them harm because they are my family. I would really appreciate any legal advice I can get. Thanks.

Kitty

p.s. I am only 17 if that makes any difference

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

NDFanatik said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

ok. My husband had an affair before we got married. he woman he had an affair with is now saying (over 9 months later) that she will either kill me the next time she sees me (with or wothout my husband there) or will harm me enough so that I will die later on. I have two people that have told me they heard her say this with thier own ears. I called the police station and they told me to get the witnesses down there to sign a testimony saying what they heard and that it will later go to the county attorneys office and if they feel there is enough evidence, they will put out a warrant to arrest her. Is there anything else I can do in the meantime? I don't want her to attack me and I don't want her near my husband or any of my family because I am afraid she will do them harm because they are my family. I would really appreciate any legal advice I can get. Thanks.

p.s. I am only 17 if that makes any difference

The most important thing you can do is stay away from her.

A restraining order might be a good idea too, but paper doesn't stop bullets.

Last edited:
A

absconder

Senior Judge isnt a threat to kill someone a crime in itself if proven?

Happy Trails

NDFanatik, it would be a good idea to edit your post and take out your name. You can get your questions answered by staying anonymous.

Edit is located in the lower right hand corner of your post.

Hopefully they will have enough evidence to do something about your situation. Otherwise, SJ's advice is right on. Get a restraining order and avoid this girl.

S

seniorjudge

absconder said:
Senior Judge isnt a threat to kill someone a crime in itself if proven?
OP, do your editing...I did mine.

Yes, threatening someone can be a crime:

Missouri Revised Statutes
Chapter 574
Offenses Against Public Order
Section 574.115

August 28, 2004

Making a terrorist threat, penalty.

574.115. 1. A person commits the crime of making a terrorist threat if such person communicates a threat to cause an incident or condition involving danger to life, communicates a knowingly false report of an incident or condition involving danger to life, or knowingly causes a false belief or fear that an incident has occurred or that a condition exists involving danger to life:

(1) With the purpose of frightening ten or more people;

(2) With the purpose of causing the evacuation, quarantine or closure of any portion of a building, inhabitable structure, place of assembly or facility of transportation; or

(3) With reckless disregard of the risk of causing the evacuation, quarantine or closure of any portion of a building, inhabitable structure, place of assembly or facility of transportation; or

(4) With criminal negligence with regard to the risk of causing the evacuation, quarantine or closure of any portion of a building, inhabitable structure, place of assembly or facility of transportation.

2. Making a terrorist threat is a class C felony unless committed under subdivision (3) of subsection 1 of this section in which case it is a class D felony or unless committed under subdivision (4) of subsection 1 of this section in which case it is a class A misdemeanor.

3. For the purpose of this section, "threat" includes an express or implied threat.

4. A person who acts in good faith with the purpose to prevent harm does not commit a crime pursuant to this section.

(L. 2000 S.B. 944 � 574.150, A.L. 2002 S.B. 712)

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c500-599/5740000115.htm

NDFanatik

I can't get a restraining order...

In Texas I can't get a restraining order unless this person is a family member or I was in a relationship with her, and neither is true. I talked to the county attorney today and all they pretty much can do is press charges against her for making terroristic threats, fine her, and not allow her to come near me in her probation order. I don't know how long that will take though. Because of her I'm moving to my hometown in about 2-4 months (after I graduate from high school) but I don't know if any of this will be in order by the time I move. I just want to be safe... I just don't know how to insure my safety. Any more advice would be awesome. Thanks again.

Kitty

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">