• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I file a lien against a property owner?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DFM1953

What is the name of your state?Utah

I need to file a lien against my in-laws home for money that my wife and I lent to them. We were told that when their house is sold that we will be paid back. Having been burnt before with monies lent, we want to cover our rear ends this time.

Thanks!!

A

absconder

Get a judgement 1st then file a lien. Depending on how much $$$$ will determine if you can go to small claims or not. Some states you cant mess with a persons home but Utah isnt 1 of them.

HomeGuru

DFM1953 said:
What is the name of your state?Utah

I need to file a lien against my in-laws home for money that my wife and I lent to them. We were told that when their house is sold that we will be paid back. Having been burnt before with monies lent, we want to cover our rear ends this time.

Thanks!!

**A: you should have been given a mortgage on the property in exchange for the $$$$$$ . Now you will have to sue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">