• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife evicting husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chuckcal

What is the name of your state? Georgia.

I live in Coweta County, GA, in our marital house which is solely in my wife's name. She has been a resident of another state for the past eight months. She has decided to sell the house. She now states that she wants me out of the house in less than a week. Do I have to leave in that time frame? Should I tell her she needs to legally evict me? How long do I legally have before I must be out?

We are not yet divorced.

Thanks for your help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

chuckcal said:

I live in Coweta County, GA, in our marital house which is solely in my wife's name. She has been a resident of another state for the past eight months. She has decided to sell the house. She now states that she wants me out of the house in less than a week. Do I have to leave in that time frame? Should I tell her she needs to legally evict me? How long do I legally have before I must be out?

We are not yet divorced.

Thanks for your help.

My response:

Would the "marital house" actually be a trailer? If so, is it a single-wide or double-wide? How many wheels does it have? Are any of them flat? Are there any old refrigerators and/or toilets in the yard?

IAAL

chuckcal

Wow, you're so funny. You're so original. You'll have Jeff Foxworthy's job soon. At least now I know where to go for an incongruous response. Thank you for sharing your "Big Time Lawyer" knowledge. OTOH, Perhaps I'm being hasty. Did you ask those things because your "mama" wants a new "fridge?"

panzertanker

chuckcal said:

We are not yet divorced.

Thanks for your help.
Do you pay rent?
Do you have a lease?
I do not know, and am sure someone will correct me, but I believe she must evict you through the normal process of notice to evict in 30 days.
Anyone with help for this guy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">