• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal treaspassing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bmfbrandy

What is the name of your state?ok so i am with a guy and he just got arrested because he has had a warrent for his arrest for about 2 months now that he didnt know about... he wasnt running or hiding from the cops or anything... but I was wandering how long you get for criminal treaspassing... what happened was there were some kids who threw a party in a house they were house setting and or broke into and my boy friend went and it ends up things were stolen and things got broken there and the owners pressed charges and his name was mentioned by alot of ppl who were there.. saying he was there... I was just wandering how long he is going to be in jail... because his mom is not going to bail him out... I live in Illinois

Some Random Guy

From IL state laws:

(720 ILCS 5/19‑4) (from Ch. 38, par. 19‑4)
Sec. 19‑4. Criminal trespass to a residence.
(a) (1) A person commits the offense of criminal trespass to a residence when, without authority, he knowingly enters or remains within any residence, including a house trailer.
(2) A person commits the offense of criminal trespass to a residence when, without authority, he or she knowingly enters the residence of another and knows or has reason to know that one or more persons is present or he or she knowingly enters the residence of another and remains in the residence after he or she knows or has reason to know that one or more persons is present.
(3) For purposes of this Section, in the case of a multi‑unit residential building or complex, "residence" shall only include the portion of the building or complex which is the actual dwelling place of any person and shall not include such places as common recreational areas or lobbies.
(b) Sentence.
(1) Criminal trespass to a residence under paragraph
(1) of subsection (a) is a Class A misdemeanor.

(2) Criminal trespass to a residence under paragraph
(2) of subsection (a) is a Class 4 felony.

Paragraph 2 is more for home invasion than for a group party. So I'd say Class A misdemeanor (Class A is the 'worst' misdemeanor). Generally, he can get up to 1 year in jail for a Class A, but you need to talk to a lawyer about the actual situation (damages, prior convictions, drugs, possibility of a plea, etc) to get the actual scoop.

bmfbrandy

update

He was a juvinal at the time the crime was commited.. he got put in for criminal treaspassing and damage of property, the only other time he was in jail was from underage drinking.. but he is already out he was only in there 2 nights. but hes on house arrest for 2 weeks and then he goes back... but he says he doesnt know if they are going to give him more for it or not... do they usually do that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">