• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unknown charge on my criminal record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nexus

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

I'm currently on probation for 5 years in the state of MS after serving 1 year. This is my first and only conviction. Recently, I filed paperwork with my P.O. to transfer my probation to the state of TX. My P.O. told me that TX rejected my transfer due to the fact that I have a criminal record with TX. How could this happen and what can I do to get this conviction off my record. I've never been arrested in the state of TX or been sentence, but somehow I have a record with them. I know this is a mistake and I would like to know what steps or who i should talk to to get this conviction off my record. Any assisstance would be greatly appreciated. - Phuong

Some Random Guy

its probably someone with the same name. Get more detials from your PO. Who did he correspond with in Texas? What county was the charge in? You may need to contact the courthouse involved.

nexus

i already talk to my PO but she was unwilling to give me any specific details about the charge. Plus she wouldn't give me a copy of the background check. All I was able to get from her was that they had an assault charge under my name with a different alias. She only told me that the arrest was made in Collin County by the Mckinney PD. Should I contact a lawyer down there to get this situation resolve or call the courthouse to see if they're willing to correct this mistake?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">