• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Utility/Cable Company Easement Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ChrisofEuropa

What is the name of your state? Misery (Missouri), Pulaski County

I have 3 questions.

I have an easement with my power company to 'construct, reconstruct, relocate, operate, repair, maintain, and at it's pleasure remove its service lines, including buried cable not in conduit and such conduits, pedestals terminals, pull boxes, manholes, pipes, gas lines, cable, cable markers, wires, guys, stubs, anchors, fixtures and other apparatus and appurtenaces as the Company, its successors and assigns, may now or from time to time deem necessary across, through, over and/or under strips of land along the sides and through the lots on said lan and streets and highways which adjoin or which are upon said land, and the right to extend aerial drop or underground feeder lines to all buildings now or hereafter constructed upon any and all of the lots shown on "Exhibit A" or as such lots may hereafter be sub-divided or consolidated, with the further right to trim, cut roots or remove from time to time any trees within or adjacent to the easement area herein described as shall be reasonably necessary to keep cables, conduit, pipes and wires free from interference.' (The next part dealt with allowing reasonable men and equipment to enter the property, then signatures)

Q1: No where on this document does it talk about the specifics of the easement. I.E., How wide, long or where it is. Does this give them unlimited access to my land or should it be modified/fixed?

Q2: Can the power company allow other companies to use this easement? I.e., The cable company also runs lines on the pole.

Q3: They currently run some high tension powerlines across the rear boundary of my property and have secondary power lines across the middle of my property, does this non-specific easement cover both??

Thanks in Advance.
Chris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">