• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Under Ground Water Leak

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hokiefan

What is the name of your state?Virginia

It seems over the past year we have had increased water usage and higher Bills and I recently called a plumber to take a look. After shutting off the water in the house the meter continued to run concluding that there seemed to be a water leak between the meter and the house. Our house is only 3 years old and were were the orginal owners. Would this fix be covered by the builder? What recourse do I have in this situation. This issue could end up costing a fortune but should not have since it is a new home. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

hokiefan

Oh yes I do have home owner's insurance unfortunatley my policy only covers actual damage, no preventative damage is what they basically referred this to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">