• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police report for Public Intoxication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

softvirgo

What is the name of your state? California

I got arrested for Public Intoxication. Does he has the right to get a copy of police report.Is there some proper procedure of getting a copy of Police report.

Even I don't remeber what I have done. i was just standing on gas station and pumping gas into my car and not at all driving.

I only remember that I was talking to cop very politely.

I want to se epolice report what cop has written against me.

Please advise carl. Its needed very badly.

Thanks

CdwJava

softvirgo said:
I got arrested for Public Intoxication. Does he has the right to get a copy of police report.Is there some proper procedure of getting a copy of Police report.
The defense attorney can get a copy of the report when it goes to court. The police won't hand it out to just anyone.

If you are representing yourself, the judge may order that discovery be granted to you, but this is a decision for the court. You can also ask the DA if they will release a copy of the report to you. The police will almost certainly not give it to you.

Even I don't remeber what I have done. i was just standing on gas station and pumping gas into my car and not at all driving.
Hence the reason you were arrested for public intoxication and not DUI. You were lucky.

I only remember that I was talking to cop very politely.
Probably a contributing factor to a public intox. arrest versus DUI.

I want to se epolice report what cop has written against me.
Ask your lawyer.

- Carl

softvirgo

Hello Carl

I am not able to hire an attorney. My financial situation is not so good. So Can i get a public defender in court. I mean attorney from court.

You must have gone through lots of cases of Public Intoxication. Can you just guess that

If a person is having first offense [Public Intoxication] on his record and nothing else before. What would be the possible outcomes in the court.

I know I asked you before also this one but my question just directs to thats whether that personw ill go into jail or not for this. If you have seen 100 cases likes this before. How much % do u have think have gone to jail

Regards

CdwJava

softvirgo said:
I am not able to hire an attorney. My financial situation is not so good. So Can i get a public defender in court. I mean attorney from court.
If your case includes the possibility of jail time you should be able to qualify for a public defender at your arraignment.

You must have gone through lots of cases of Public Intoxication. Can you just guess that If a person is having first offense [Public Intoxication] on his record and nothing else before. What would be the possible outcomes in the court.
It varies by county, but in most counties these rarely even GO to court. If you have not been issued a court date, then it's probably been resolved already and no court will be necessary. if you DO have a court date, then you likely face nothing worse than a small fine, MAYBE probation, MAYBE counseling, and MAYBE community service (or some combination). This tends to be on the same par as possession of marijuana in the grand scheme of things ... except that possession of marijuana does not allow for jail time.

I know I asked you before also this one but my question just directs to thats whether that personw ill go into jail or not for this. If you have seen 100 cases likes this before. How much % do u have think have gone to jail
First time offenses with no prior criminal history? I can't recall one that was sentenced to jail. However, I have only worked in three counties ... and there are 55 other counties that may frown on public intoxication. I doubt any will send a first timer to jail, but it IS theoretically possible.

- Carl

softvirgo

Thanks Carl

Carl

I do have a court date which they gave me before I left the cell. It is mentioned on yellow ticket which I got.

I got arrested in Placer County, Sacramento area, california.

Can you suggest some good attorney for this case or do you think i should just go to court without attorney and if judge asks for public defender I should get one in court.

Regards

CdwJava

I can't really recommend any good lawyers in Placer County as I am not familiar with many of them. If you can afford an attorney then the court won't appoint one for you.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">