• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

petition for partition?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ready2gofly

I own a home in Florida with my EX-father-in-law. When I divorced, my ex-husband had to quit claim his portion of the property to me. My ex father-in-law and I are on the deed. He is not on the mortgage though. He will not agree to quit claim his share for ANY price. Also, there is a lien on the property from the father-in-law for approximately ten thousand dollars. What are the ways to sell this property? I've heard of a petition to partition where a judge makes the ruling for what percentage each person will receive after the property is sold at auction on the courthouse steps. HELP please...

divgradcurl

ready2gofly said:
I own a home in Florida with my EX-father-in-law. When I divorced, my ex-husband had to quit claim his portion of the property to me. My ex father-in-law and I are on the deed. He is not on the mortgage though. He will not agree to quit claim his share for ANY price. Also, there is a lien on the property from the father-in-law for approximately ten thousand dollars. What are the ways to sell this property? I've heard of a petition to partition where a judge makes the ruling for what percentage each person will receive after the property is sold at auction on the courthouse steps. HELP please...
You already have the answer to your question -- file for partition. You can hire a lawyer, or you can go down to the courthouse yourself and get the necessary paperwork.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">