• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paying support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rparky

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York

My ex-wife is going to moving to another state(she is currently in NY with my 3 children) I live in Florida. My question is: she may be moving out of NY to Washington with my 13 yr old daughter. My two sons ages 20 and 19 are staying in NY, my 20 yr old who is in college will be living with his girlfriend and my 19 yr old who is also in college will be living with friends ( they have rented a house.
My ex told me that i still have to pay her support and she will give the 2 boys their share. so my question is Do I have to pay her for the boys or can I just send them the money. She told me it was the law that i had to pay her.

BL

rparky said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York

My ex-wife is going to moving to another state(she is currently in NY with my 3 children) I live in Florida. My question is: she may be moving out of NY to Washington with my 13 yr old daughter. My two sons ages 20 and 19 are staying in NY, my 20 yr old who is in college will be living with his girlfriend and my 19 yr old who is also in college will be living with friends ( they have rented a house.
My ex told me that i still have to pay her support and she will give the 2 boys their share. so my question is Do I have to pay her for the boys or can I just send them the money. She told me it was the law that i had to pay her.
http://www.empirestatecoalition.org/emanc.html

Do some more searches on emancipation . If your children are over the age of 18 , living on their own or with someone and self supporting , or they voluntarily left home , and are not going to college , or you do not have a court order stating otherwise , they are considered emancipated .

Go back for a modification if you feel it necessary .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">