• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Which age of majority trumps in my NY/Fla CS case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NYdad

What is the name of your state? NY

I am the NCP of a 17 yr 9 mo old daughter, who grads HS in May. The CS order is in my home state of NY and is administrated through NYS courts, but my daughter and her mom have lived in Fla for the duration of my daughter's life. NYS has an age of majority of 21, while Florida has an age of majority of 18 unless high school is continuing until age 19, which won't be the case. So which age of majority trumps for the purpose of terminating child support? I simply want to end the 18 year fiasco that has occurred with dealing with NYS Support /Collection and pay my daughter directly when she gets her own apartment in June, as she plans.

BL

NYdad said:
What is the name of your state? NY

I am the NCP of a 17 yr 9 mo old daughter, who grads HS in May. The CS order is in my home state of NY and is administrated through NYS courts, but my daughter and her mom have lived in Fla for the duration of my daughter's life. NYS has an age of majority of 21, while Florida has an age of majority of 18 unless high school is continuing until age 19, which won't be the case. So which age of majority trumps for the purpose of terminating child support? I simply want to end the 18 year fiasco that has occurred with dealing with NYS Support /Collection and pay my daughter directly when she gets her own apartment in June, as she plans.
Until or unless Fl. takes over Jurisdiction to modify , NY Courts Orders stand .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">