• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IL IV-D agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momofonechicago

IL CS when parent is self-employed

What is the name of your state? IL

I am trying to get a CS order established in IL through the IV-D agency. I cannot afford to pay court costs/filing fees to go pro se, and certainly cannot afford a private attorney.

I have submitted 6 applications, over the past 18 months, and I am told over and over they don't have it. Yet I cannot send it certified mail, they wont accept it via fax or email. Back in Nov I sent an email via the website (very harshly worded complaint if you will) and finally got my app processed. It was entered on Nov 23. I was told I would be receiving forms to complete, and I never received them. I called the customer service line every 2 weeks for 2 months. I finally got the application processed and went for the initial interview. Provided the docs requested, info on my ex, etc. Its been 2 months and I still have not received notice that he has been served.

What can I do? My ex bf has been working through employment agencies since my daughter was born, so that he does not get reported as an employee. (Essentially he is self-employed). I know I need to get a court order for child support first, but can I get them to base the amount on earning capacity rather than actual earnings? And how do I proved his income when he works as an independent contractor?

Does anyone know who I can file a complaint with regarding the IV-D agency? I'm paying literally half of my net income for child care. After I buy food, diapers, etc. I have nothing left. I cant quit my job because I will have to repay my employer for educational expenses if I dont stay for 2 years.

What can I do?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">