• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support coming to an end - what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kingzito

What is the name of your state? California

The issue is how do I get the court to contact my employer to tell them to stop making the deduction from my check? My personnel told me that they have to be notified by the court to stop the deduction. I tried to give the court a head's up (sent a letter with the court order, etc....) so that this doesn't get lost in the shuffle, and the court returned my letter telling me I cannot contact the court directly - what it said was they can't accept any ex parte mail.

Where do I go from here? My child is graduating this June as she will be turning 18 a few weeks before. This completes the child support arrangement.

On a personal note - I will continue supporting my child (college) but will send the $$ directly to her - not the EX anymore.

Thanks!!
:)

kingzito said:
What is the name of your state? California

The issue is how do I get the court to contact my employer to tell them to stop making the deduction from my check? My personnel told me that they have to be notified by the court to stop the deduction. I tried to give the court a head's up (sent a letter with the court order, etc....) so that this doesn't get lost in the shuffle, and the court returned my letter telling me I cannot contact the court directly - what it said was they can't accept any ex parte mail.

Where do I go from here? My child is graduating this June as she will be turning 18 a few weeks before. This completes the child support arrangement.

On a personal note - I will continue supporting my child (college) but will send the $$ directly to her - not the EX anymore.

Thanks!!
:)
Go through an attorney or a paralegal service might have the forms that you need. There's a form, don't remember the name of it right now, that you have to fill out and submit to the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">