• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alaska_Bear

What is the name of your state?My first son, who I haven’t seen for 9 years, turned 13, I got modification for child support which means they can increase child support up to 50% of my salary. I have a new family, another baby, 80 000$ depths that will be garnished easer way, my wife is not a citizen of the USA, she doesn’t have a green card yet and she can’t work - I can’t afford to pay more than I pay for child support now. The question is what to do so that they don’t increase child support payments in Arizona?

brisgirl825

Are you really asking how to get out of child support b/c you knocked up an illeagal who can't help you support that child? You could get a lower paying job, falsify documents, leave the country...all of which are illeagal or can be grounds for her to get the amount of child support based on what you "should" be making. My ex husband wanted to get out of child support too by not having a job w/i his area of expertise. Judge recently told him to find a job that was w/i his field or they'd make him pay support based on the median wage is in that area whether he could afford it or not.

So here's an idea, get another job. Why people go on to have more babies than they can afford, I'll never understand. :rolleyes:

Sarah

nextwife

Alaska_Bear said:
What is the name of your state?My first son, who I haven’t seen for 9 years, turned 13, I got modification for child support which means they can increase child support up to 50% of my salary.
Why 50%? Is there an arrearage? That is higher than guideline for one child, if it is not including an arrearage.

Get an attorney and make certain that any increase is utilizing your actual income, and in accordance with guidelines. If you do nothing they will simply speculate that you are making all this additional salary since last calculations, just because time has passed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">