• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault by threat charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shadowrider7613

What is the name of your state? TX

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your help. Here is my situation my wife and I had recently seperated after 4 years of marriage. I was staying at a motel and most of my possesions and mail was still at my residence. I cam by one evening on the way back from work to pick up my mail and a bed sheet. When I arrived I noticed a strange vehicle in the driveway, that I didn't reconize, I asked my step son about it who said his mom was using it. I got my mail and left, I got around the block and remembered I needed a sheet so I cam back parked at the curb and ran in to get the sheet. When I cam out my wife was in my truck to move it and a male co worker got out of her truck and started walking to the car. I was immediatly supicious and angry, in my anger I helled at the man that he better get out of my yard before I kick his A**. Now my wife, myself and the co worker all work at the same place, Anyway I recieved a message to call a detective when I finally got ahold of him he asked what happened I told him and he said he was going to issue a citation for Assault by threat CODE 88. I recieved it in the mail today and sent it back to the court pleading not guilty and requesting a jury trial. The only witnesses to this are the three of us. Can the statements that I made to the detective over the phone be introduced into trial? I had no idea I was in any danger of recieving a citation and was never informed of any investigation or any of my rights. Also what direction should I take with this in court I plan to go pro se.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">