• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 Simple Questions!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lunnabiddy

What is the name of your state?~Michigan~
Will someone be a lamb and answer 2 simple questions?
If I get my warrant in the mail on a Friday can I Turn myself in on a Saturday or Sunday? Or can one only turn them self in on weekdays?…..It seems like a stupid question I know but I can NEVER get through to the court/police office I was told to call If I have any questions!
Also I got in Trouble on March 22nd and Im going to be charged for Larceny(of mail & 4parcels)….dose it usually take this long to issue a warrant? Do they issue them by priority or seriousness of the crime?

I Really don’t know as Before the date above I haven’t even a speeding or traffic ticket to my name.::::sigh:::: wish me luck people I need all the help i can get
Thanks for your help!!!!
:confused: :(

stephenk

1. you can turn yourself in anytime you want.
2. issuance of a warrant depends on how fast or slow your local prosecutor works.

Baaaa!

panzertanker

stephenk said:
1. you can turn yourself in anytime you want.
2. issuance of a warrant depends on how fast or slow your local prosecutor works.

Baaaa!
Turning yourself in sooner rather than later will help expedite your problem being resolved.

Last edited:

panzertanker

lunnabiddy said:
I Really don’t know as Before the date above I haven’t even a speeding or traffic ticket to my name.::::sigh:::: wish me luck people I need all the help i can get
Thanks for your help!!!![/FONT] :confused: :(
So you decided the best way to start your criminal career would be to steal MAIL???

LawGirl10

Turn yourself in either way, but you might want to still try to contact them anyway before you do so. Call them to make sure you don't have a "failure to appear" attached to your warrant (even if you don't think you do, check anyway, many times people do and don't realize it). If, for some reason, a failure to appear is attached to your warrant and you turn yourself in on a Friday or Saturday, you will be sitting in jail until they take you to court during the week. If it is a failure to appear and you turn yourself in during the week, you would get to court faster (probably that day or the next day depending on the time). Call them and find out (1) if the warrant has a failure to appear attached and (2) if it does, when you would most likely be taken to court depending on when you turn yourself in.

If it is not a failure to appear type warrant or a warrant that allows bond, you should be able to bond out pretty quick no matter what day you turn yourself in.

I haven't had alot to laugh about in the last few days, but this post put a little laughter in me today. Never turn yourself in on a Friday. You may sit in jail all weekend, NO FUN. Hope it all works out for you soon. :)

S

seniorjudge

lunnabiddy said:
What is the name of your state?~Michigan~
Will someone be a lamb and answer 2 simple questions?
If I get my warrant in the mail on a Friday can I Turn myself in on a Saturday or Sunday? Or can one only turn them self in on weekdays?…..It seems like a stupid question I know but I can NEVER get through to the court/police office I was told to call If I have any questions!
Also I got in Trouble on March 22nd and Im going to be charged for Larceny(of mail & 4parcels)….dose it usually take this long to issue a warrant? Do they issue them by priority or seriousness of the crime?

Thanks for your help!!!!
:confused: :(

Why do you think you will get a warrant in the mail?

ZippidyDoDa

panzertanker said:
Probably the same point as you coming in here to ask that question, dufus.
I doubt that. My point was why did you bother posting if all you had to contribute was some inane insult. I fail to understand what the reasoning behind your post was other then a juvenile response to something you had nothing to contribute to.

So my question still stands. By the way, name calling has no effect on me so you might just save them for the next time you are in the boys/girls restroom.

panzertanker

ZippidyDoDa said:
I doubt that. My point was why did you bother posting if all you had to contribute was some inane insult. I fail to understand what the reasoning behind your post was other then a juvenile response to something you had nothing to contribute to.

So my question still stands. By the way, name calling has no effect on me so you might just save them for the next time you are in the boys/girls restroom.
Not that it matters, but I gave the OP advice first, then I proceeded to ask the POINTED question: If you have never been in trouble, why would you start with mail fraud/theft?

The point being, I can see that I will have to explain it to those of you who are slow, that it seems incongruous to have NEVER been in trouble and then all of a sudden escalate your behavior to the Federal charge of mail theft or whatever it was he did.

Go tell your mom that you are using her computer without her permission, and make sure you brush your teeth before you go to bed!

What particularly good advice have you offered lately Zippy? Other than:
ZippidyDoDa said:
I fail to understand what the reasoning behind your post was other then a juvenile response to something you had nothing to contribute to.
Seems like, as I pointed out, you had nothing to contribute to this thread AT ALL. Yet I did. And here is another good contribution:
ZippidyDoDa is a moron. (oh no! is that name calling???)
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

panzertanker

And here is the only other reply you have offered besides here...

ZippidyDoDa said:
ZippidyDoDa
Junior Member Join Date: Dec 2004

I'm surprised IAAL didn't jump in with a "trailer trash" comment. He must be too drunk today.
Seems like you are just looking to start an argument in this forum, huh???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">