• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stopping child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pleasetellmehow

What is the name of your state?Texas. My wife and I have been seperated for a year and have yet to divorce. She had a support order put on in january well in march my daughter came to live with me. She has our son and I now have my daughter. Divorce is coming soon, but i need my support to help my daughter and me. Is it possible to stop the support payments and if so how do I get that process started. Any advice would be appreciated. by the way my son and ex life in pennsylvania.

pleasetellmehow

stopin the dection

how do you file for mod, do you need a laywer, or can I draw up the paper and submit them. yes court ordered support is in place.

BelizeBreeze

pleasetellmehow said:
how do you file for mod, do you need a laywer, or can I draw up the paper and submit them. yes court ordered support is in place.
then petition the court to amend the order.

mrsbrown

Contact SRS or DHR or whoever is handling the support order. We just had to go to DHR and fill out the appropriate paperwork and they take it from there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">