• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

language discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

indianalibraria

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Indiana

Can you please direct me to the state and federal legislation that states that a student can not be written up for disciplinary action solely for speaking in Spanish in the classroom when the teacher told them to speak English. I know that this is a First Amendment right, but I am looking for state legislation, court cases, etc.

BelizeBreeze

indianalibraria said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Indiana

Can you please direct me to the state and federal legislation that states that a student can not be written up for disciplinary action solely for speaking in Spanish in the classroom when the teacher told them to speak English. I know that this is a First Amendment right, but I am looking for state legislation, court cases, etc.
There IS no such law that says you have the right to speak any language you wish when the teacher tells you to stop.

You're in school. So it's either follow the direction of the teacher or not. If not, pay the price.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">