• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lein removal from a dissolved corporation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kramerica

Illinois

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could be of assistance to me? I had a business relationship with a partner who was incorporated. (seperate from our business) After several years we broke up and it resulted in them putting a lein on my property for $16,000 under his corporation. Since then his corporation has gone bankrupt and through the secretary of state I was advised the corporation was dissolved two years ago and the contact information was left as "vacant". How can I get this removed? Even if I had the cash to pay, who would I pay it to? The lein is under the corp. If they went bankrupt can the individual still try to collect after using bankruptcy protection? I live in a neighborhood that is turning over to rentals and neighborhood is going down the tubes. I need to sell my home befor the value falls but I need to get this resolved first. Any advise please.

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

kramerica said:
Illinois

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could be of assistance to me? I had a business relationship with a partner who was incorporated. (seperate from our business) After several years we broke up and it resulted in them putting a lein on my property for $16,000 under his corporation. Since then his corporation has gone bankrupt and through the secretary of state I was advised the corporation was dissolved two years ago and the contact information was left as "vacant". How can I get this removed? Even if I had the cash to pay, who would I pay it to? The lein is under the corp. If they went bankrupt can the individual still try to collect after using bankruptcy protection? I live in a neighborhood that is turning over to rentals and neighborhood is going down the tubes. I need to sell my home befor the value falls but I need to get this resolved first. Any advise please.
Get a real estate lawyer and file for a declaratory judgment that the lien is no longer good.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">