• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal entry?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mr. F

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? North Dakota

In a non emergency situation, the electric co-op to which I belong broke into my properity. I was not informed of this planned scheduled maintenance event. They simply came to my house, encountered my locked fence and picked the lock to gain access. Is this legal as provided by the easment?

divgradcurl

Mr. F said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? North Dakota

In a non emergency situation, the electric co-op to which I belong broke into my properity. I was not informed of this planned scheduled maintenance event. They simply came to my house, encountered my locked fence and picked the lock to gain access. Is this legal as provided by the easment?
Depends on what the easement says. If the easement provides for access, then you have to allow them access.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">