• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What happens if i do not pay..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jcrew2247

What is the name of your state? New York

My Question is what happens if i do not pay a ticket i have for a violation? I had recent troubles including death in the family that caused me to travel and spend quite a bit of money. Should i call the town court office and talk to a court clerk? I can pay the ticket off on my next paycheck which is Wed of next week but the ticket is due this friday (Tomorrow) Would there be a warrent out for my arrest? Any Help would be appreciated.

stephenk

what kind of violation? if a traffic ticket, the amount owed will go up due to late penalties.

Don't you have a credit card? can you get an advance at work? Any friends or family to borrow from?

nexus

I don't know the laws for NY but in MS, they give you a notice of so many days to pay the ticket after the due date. After that, they just suspend your license until you pay for the ticket. Talk to the Court Clerk or whoever's in charge of the violation and they'll work something out with you if you can't pay all of it right away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">