• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deed restr. --farm animal or pet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jim39

What is the name of your state? I live in ohio on my deed it has no farm animals or fowl but not including pets. my wife wants a horse . is it a pet or farm animal? to us it will be a pet

Last edited:

Shel77

I don't think anyone will think of your HORSE as anything but a farm animal, and if your home is not zoned for such you would not be allowed to have one anyway reguardless of the CC&R's. Even if your home is zoned for these types of animals you must abide by the CC&R's you agreed to do so by purchasing a home in that neighborhood and they don't allow farm animals.

jim39

no such zoning ,rural setting, my prop. is in the middle of 360 wooded acres ,I own 5 acres and not operating a farm.Maybe I better get rid of my dog ,I've seen those on farms also.I think I'll talk to a real attorney.

Shel77

There has to be a zoning no matter how many acers you live on, call the city/county and give them your address they can tell you if you are zoned agricultural or not. I aplogize for not asking for more info your OP made it seem like you lived in a deed restricted community and that you wanted to see if a horse would be ok to put in your 75 X 30 back yard as long as it was your pet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">