• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing Contempt from another state?(Fl, NM)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Leighanna

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Florida. Moving to New Mexico

Divorce not filed yet, but, I am moving to New Mexico shortly after the divorce is final... if my husband does not pay the agreed support, where do I file the complaints? Can I file in my new state with a new attorney or have to use a Florida attorney or come back to Florida? Also, if the support is arranged, ( and agreed within the divorce papers), to be auto transferred from his account to mine like a bill-pay, can he legally change that arrangement without my consent or knowledge? (not much trust here :cool: )
Thank you in advance for your help

djohnson

Are you talking about child support here? Do you understand he can stop you from leaving the state with his child(ren)? The best advice would be to have the child support (if you are talking about child support) to go through the court system and be assigned an 'overseer'. That way they keep up with if it is paid or not and can possibly just garnish his wages to get the regular payment. But you really need to consider the moving out of state. You will have to show how it is in the childs best interest (not your best interest as child could stay with dad and you go alone). Then be prepared to pay for transportation for liberal visitation even if the courts allow it.

Donald11

Thanks

Florida... Thank you for the reply. No children in this divorce. He is retired and my leaving the state was and is agreeable to all. The settlement is agreed and appeals and modification waived by him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">