• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slip & Fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

davensl

What is the name of your state? The state is Mississippi. My mother broke her hip when she slipped in some banana mush in a superstore. She had to have surgery to replace the ball in her hip and was in the hospital for two weeks. The doctor told her that she will need to have this surgery again in 10 years to have the ball replaced again. This happened in 2001 and so far her lawyer doesn't seem to be doing much with her case. I would like to ask if it is normal for a slip and fall case to drag on for this amount of time, without anything happening? I would appreciate any information that you can give.

Sincerely,
davensl

jity

davensl said:
What is the name of your state? The state is Mississippi. My mother broke her hip when she slipped in some banana mush in a superstore. She had to have surgery to replace the ball in her hip and was in the hospital for two weeks. The doctor told her that she will need to have this surgery again in 10 years to have the ball replaced again. This happened in 2001 and so far her lawyer doesn't seem to be doing much with her case. I would like to ask if it is normal for a slip and fall case to drag on for this amount of time, without anything happening? I would appreciate any information that you can give.

Sincerely,
davensl

I sure hope her attorney has filed a lawsuit, because if they haven't, she is SOL - and it's highly doubtful she will receive anything. You need to state more information before I will touch this one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">