• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hopefully you can help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladyinred

What is the name of your state? ny

Hello,

My husband is currently being investigated for some missing items at work, it has been 4 weeks since we have heard anything. Before that however he took a lie detector test and they told him that they needed him to come in for more questioning the following week. We never heard anything back. By law are we required to inform the investigating officer that we are relocating. And by law can the investigator legally require for us to stay in the area?? I have had a job opportunity arrise and will lose it if we dont move. Thanks for any help you can give!!!

signat

ladyinred said:
What is the name of your state? ny

Hello,

My husband is currently being investigated for some missing items at work, it has been 4 weeks since we have heard anything. Before that however he took a lie detector test and they told him that they needed him to come in for more questioning the following week. We never heard anything back. By law are we required to inform the investigating officer that we are relocating. And by law can the investigator legally require for us to stay in the area?? I have had a job opportunity arrise and will lose it if we dont move. Thanks for any help you can give!!!

No, and no. You could always tell him anyway, especially if you guys have nothing to hide. Looks less suspicious.

A

absconder

Lady Id go by the book when he leaves his employer, If he has to turn anything in get a receipt, 2 weeks written notice etc....Its easy to blame someone no longer there if you know what I mean.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">