• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

More Property Line

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dgsecurity

What is the name of your state?Nebraska

Just to make it a little more clear on my Property Line question and maybe get a reply. After buying a house and 4.5 acres, I found the title company survey was not right. The legal description they provided and the one at the courthouse were the same, but the layout by the surveyor failed to show a fence line or mention over an acre of what should be my land is to the north and outside of the fence line. My land and adjacent land were at one time owned by the same person and he had fenced it off over 10 years ago. The present owner of the adjacent land came out and measured with me according to legal description and agreed if it was right an acre was outside the fence. He later called me and said he had talked to a lawyer who stated that he had legal rights to the property since the fence was over 10 years old and there was nothing I could do about it.
Is this true? :confused:

Shel77

No that doesn't mean there is nothing you can do about it adverse possession varies greatly and chances are he has not followed all of the steps to claim this land. Has he been paying taxes on this acre? You need to get an atorney to help you get your land back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">