• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Video Taping Yard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Erin1129

I live in Ct and am having issues with my neighbors and our dogs, they hate dogs and I have 2 of them outside. Last month we lost one of our dogs at the age of 3...we think he was poisoned. Anyway, we went out and got security cameras yesterday to watch only our fence line and driveway. ( my driveway and the neighbors connects so do our yards). We did not realize when we bought the camera they also have an audio option, I know legally I can tape my own yard but in the process because our yards are so close I am picking up audio on them also? Is this legal? I dont have to record audio on taping but if I could I would like to? Someone please help me?

Last edited:

Some Random Guy

See http://www.rcfp.org/taping/
Connecticut requires the consent of all parties to the taping of audio conversations.

That said, I don't think that audio would matter much for a animal poisoning case. Video would be best for capturing them throwing things in your yard or luring their animals over to eat something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">