• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Really simple question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Undetectable

What is the name of your state? CA

I got a ticket for smoking in a bar in 7/01, it was $68 or $70. I went out of town and forgot to pay it by the deadline. I have a bench warrant because I guess I was supposed to go to court for it, but did not know. I called the court and asked how to resolve it, and they said I have to come in to take care of it. What will happen to me? Will I go to jail or get arrested, or will they just make me pay the money for the ticket + fines? Thanks for any help in advance.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Undetectable said:
What is the name of your state? CA

I got a ticket for smoking in a bar in 7/01, it was $68 or $70. I went out of town and forgot to pay it by the deadline. I have a bench warrant because I guess I was supposed to go to court for it, but did not know. I called the court and asked how to resolve it, and they said I have to come in to take care of it. What will happen to me? Will I go to jail or get arrested, or will they just make me pay the money for the ticket + fines? Thanks for any help in advance.

My response:

Your picture is next to the Wanted poster of Bin-Laden. The police academy uses your likeness on their target range. You will be summarily executed.

Oh, please. Go pay your fine.

IAAL

ktee233

I don't know about CA law, but if there is a warrant out for your arrest, you will be booked and released, that's why they want you to come in to take care of the warrant. Then you will pay your fines. Money, money, money!

Last edited:
A

absconder

They just want their money but the price may have gone up. Id call to make sure you have enough to cover it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">