• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illlegal use of SSI money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

servicetech0021

What is the name of your state? Illinois.
My ex-girlfriend and I have 3 children. She is receiving SSI for 2 of then and has been approved for the other. She has in my opinion mis used the childrens money.She has it direct deposited into a bank acct. which i am not on so I cant touch the money. She doesnt work so the money pays for rent and the utilities Etc. after all is said and done she has about $250.00 left over. more when the 3rd child starts receiving his money.She has lied to Social Security about what she is doing with the money. She has had to report to them where the money has gone and she has told them she has some of it, some to pay bills but actually She has talken the money and gambled it away.
What can I do? I am currently fighting for custody
thank you.

BL

It is very hard to prove that the money has not been spent as the responsible person States it has , unless you have solid proof Gambling has occurred/is occurring , SSI money is being spent for it , and there is NO other income , and the Children's needs are otherwise being meant .

Is the Mother herself on SSI ?

servicetech0021

The light grows enen dimmer

No the mother her self is not on SSi, But she is on everything else that she can be, Food stamps, wic, day-care programs, and government Insurance.Even when I was living there I found out she never told anyone I was living there because i was making to much money , she wouldnt have qualified for any of them!....

tigger22472

As was stated you would have to be able to prove the gambling. As far as the other things mentioned, those are legal things. SS is used much like CS to pay the day to day living for the kids. Depending on why they get SSI she may not be forced to work due to having to be at home with them to provide therapy or whatever. Even if she's not providing therapy and supposed to or whatever that will be hard to prove also.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">