• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help... Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Donald11

What is the name of your state?Florida
My wife filed for divorce and I agreed to all her terms without an attorney. I signed a waiver to appeal or modify the agreement. I was stupid and believed her when she said she just wanted the divorce to qualify for medical assistance that we couldn't afford without taking money out of my retirement plan and paying huge penalties, and would not follow up on the agreement. Now she is moving and has the spousal support all set-up from the bank account and is her lawyer is demanding that I pay the cash settlement now or she will make me sell the house. She has a quit claim paper that she is holding over my head. Can she really make me withdraw money from my investment accounts to pay a cash settlement and then have to pay her spousal support? We were only married for 6 months. So, in a real divorce situation she would of got nothing. Now she is getting half of everything.
Don

LdiJ

Donald11 said:
What is the name of your state?Florida
My wife filed for divorce and I agreed to all her terms without an attorney. I signed a waiver to appeal or modify the agreement. I was stupid and believed her when she said she just wanted the divorce to qualify for medical assistance that we couldn't afford without taking money out of my retirement plan and paying huge penalties, and would not follow up on the agreement. Now she is moving and has the spousal support all set-up from the bank account and is her lawyer is demanding that I pay the cash settlement now or she will make me sell the house. She has a quit claim paper that she is holding over my head. Can she really make me withdraw money from my investment accounts to pay a cash settlement and then have to pay her spousal support? We were only married for 6 months. So, in a real divorce situation she would of got nothing. Now she is getting half of everything.
Don
Get yourself a consult with an attorney. It sounds like you really messed up big time and it may not be fixable. However at least get a consult with a local attorney and have them review the agreement to see if there is anything that can be done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">