• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal agreements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kris478

:confused: What is the name of your state? Kentucky

Can someone please tell me that if you had a verbal agreement with someone but did not tell them to do a deed search and they did it anyway. Do I have to pay them back for this if I didn''t ask them to do it in the first place? They also said that we would have to pay for there lawyer fees and banks fees where they have went to the bank? We have thought it over and are not ready to sale our place up there yet. Keep in mind that this "agreement" was with my husband and this man, I never agreed to sale anything to him! :confused:

He also moved the property line and we hadn''t even seem where he moved it too, (we live 6 hours away) so can we be made to pay these????

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

Perhaps you can have your husband post his question. It doens't sound like you have the whole story.
Here are some questions.
Are both of your names on the deed.
was this property sold?
Was this property surveyed?
Did you have a real estate agent?
Were there any contracts signed?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">