• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unwanted land

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mike Stiffler

I own a piece of worthless property in Colorado. I would like to surrender it to the county. Would a quit claim deed accomplish this? Is it possible to write this off of my taxes?
Thank you, Mike

BradleyS

Although you may think it's worthless........if it has any type of value......it could be sold to a "Bail Bond" Company.

So you might talk to a REALTOR in your area and see if the REALTOR is up to the task of selling the property and making a few phone calls. Since your about to give it away...set an attractive listing price that's "too good to be true."

Or offer the REALTOR 50% commision, for a sales price that YOU decide.

"$500.00" commission on a "$1000.00" sale....just by making a few phone calls should be attractive enough.

My suggestion....call the Supervising Broker and ask the Broker if he has a REALTOR that is fairly new and needs experience. Have the Broker assign the REALTOR to you.......this gets the Head Broker involved with the new REALTOR and will ensure that your needs are fulfilled.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">