• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Storm Water Drainage onto Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bcodispoti

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I've recently built a new home on a large property. It appears that the township is discharging road storm water drains on my property which is causing water to collect on the property. There is no drainage easement on the property. I brought this to the township's attention and suggested that they tie the storm drainage system discharging on my property to another drainage system about 100 ft down the road which discharges in a brook. They are investigating, but they indicated that if this discharging of water on the property has been going on for years that they do not need a drainage easement and can continue discharging water on my property. This does not seem right since there is an alternative to tie the offending drainage system to another system. Do I have any recourse if they do not resolve this to my satisfaction?

BradleyS

Next time it rains, go pick up your city counsel representative(who should live in your area), and take the rep to your house, show him your paperwork to try to get the problem fixed, and the names of the people you have spoken with.

Maybe a call from your rep. will get you the attention you deserve.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">