• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony Record ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Marianne911

What is the name of your state? I live in California, but the record is in Colorado.

I just received a copy of my background check from a new employer. The check showed 2 criminal records (one in California that was a misdemeanor-a traffic violation) and one that is listed as a felony (in Colorado).

I was aware of the California one, and told my employer up front about the details of the traffic violation.

I was shocked to see that a felony record was attached to my name. It shows the court (which is Boulder County, it then says felony record, but in the results column it says no record found.

I have never been arrested. The only interaction I have even had with the law is traffic tickets and I don't remember ever getting a ticket in Boulder, Colorado.

I am now worried about this. I am almost afraid to call the courthouse. Even though I have done nothing, could I be arrested even though this is some mistake ?

What does it mean when it says no record found ? Why would this be on the report to begin with ?

Should I be worried ? Should I get a Colorado lawyer involved to research this ?

CdwJava

It really depends on the source of the information. Most these things are obtained by private, on-line search engines that search some public records but don't have access to state criminal offender files so a lot of information can be incomplete.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">