• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wording in Final Judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mwalker

What is the name of your state? Florida

My divorce was final of March 18, 2005. One item in the Final decree which ordered my former spouse to pay me the amount of $5,000 cash did not state a time frame in which it is to be paid. The other court-ordered issues were court-ordered to take place within 30 days following the divorce. My former spouse has let me know that since this one issue doesn't state a specific time in which he can pay me, that he can take as long as he wants. Knowing him, I'm in for a long struggle to ever collect. My question is: Can the Court issue an "amended" judgment (not sure if this would be the correct term) for this one issue which will have a specific time frame for him pay me the amount he owes and, if so, how do I go about obtaining/requesting an amended judgement? I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
mwalker

JETX

mwalker said:
Can the Court issue an "amended" judgment (not sure if this would be the correct term) for this one issue which will have a specific time frame for him pay me the amount he owes and, if so, how do I go about obtaining/requesting an amended judgement?
Yes, the court can. Simply file a Motion to Amend.
However, your ex is just causing himself problems as the money judgment accrues interest at the statutory rate (10% per year) until it is paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">