• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beauty and the Beast that painted her nails

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chasin_illusion

Utah
My 11 year old daughter had gone to the Beauty Shop without an adult and they (her and her 10 year old gal pal) had their nails done (acrilic nails). (Yes), my daughter she was punished for not asking and not going with an adult) The owner of the shop had not only NOT asked her for her parents permission but she had painted the words F-ck you on each one of her 10 tiny nails. Was I Floored? to say the least...... Recourse? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek:

Happy Trails

chasin_illusion said:
Utah
My 11 year old daughter had gone to the Beauty Shop without an adult and they (her and her 10 year old gal pal) had their nails done (acrilic nails). (Yes), my daughter she was punished for not asking and not going with an adult) The owner of the shop had not only NOT asked her for her parents permission but she had painted the words F-ck you on each one of her 10 tiny nails. Was I Floored? to say the least...... Recourse? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek:
Fingernail polish remover.

chasin_illusion

I used remover the 1st time she'd gone over there to take off the nails from her 1st visit, this would now be her 2nd Visit! Not using remover but trying to Remove Her :p

Happy Trails

chasin_illusion said:
I used remover the 1st time she'd gone over there to take off the nails from her 1st visit, this would now be her 2nd Visit! Not using remover but trying to Remove Her :p
I don't know the beauty salon's policy. I know in Minnesota they want permission from a parent. I can't find a law on it, but it is most likely a liability issue.

Just go talk to the store owner that keeps doing her nails and tell them to stop it. Who knows it might work. Try calling around to other shops and see if they have a policy regarding this.

Otherwise next time your daughter does something like this; you could always find someway to discipline her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">