• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to show for arraignment three years ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gregcctrn

What is the name of your state? Washington - King County
I went through a divorce in 2002, that my wife filed for an order of protection in. She was granted that order. I sent some emails, and left some voice mails, none of which were nasty, or threatening at all in nature, but it still violated the order. I moved back to Canada, and received a notice to appear in court for an arraignment. I never appeared. Would have there been an arrest warrant issued? Would it only be in Washington State? The reason I ask that is I was in Florida over Christmas, and pulled over for speeding, but nothing came up about it. I was given the rundown by the officer of my Canadian driving record, but nothing was mentioned about anything from Washington State. This is close to 3 years ago now. Since that time, I did send a statement explaining my actions, misunderstanding of the order, and apology to the prosecutors office. Would that explain why nothing showed up when I was pulled over in Florida? If something has been issued in WA, would it only apply to WA, or would it be country wide. I am coming to the States to work, and have to stop at the border, which I am not doing in WA, and they will do a background check I am sure. My main question is: Would an arrest warrant have been issued for not showing up for an arraignment for violating the protection order, if so could have it been rescinded by the prosecutors office after receiving my explanation? At a border crossing in another state could I be detained if it did show up?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">