• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help, Question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jlhfit

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

I have a question for whomever can help me answer it. My wife and I were living with a couple when we first got married, we were awaiting on a house to come available. Anyway, at the time we were living there, the couples house got raided by law enforcement agents on a tip about drugs. The procedure went as follows... The cops came to the house on a probation violation warrant for the husband whom at that moment was at work. The cop asked the wife to step out but she refused, he ask to step in and she allowed and they did. The cop advised that they were there to p/u her husband on a probabtion violation, but he was gone, also he was off probation as of the day before after completeing community service. Later to find out it was an error..Well as the cops finished talking to the wife, he said he was also there on a a drug tip. At that moment my wife and I volentarly step outside leaving the wife, we stepped out to take the children in the home out of the way.
About 10 minutes later the cops walked out with about 1 once of marijuana, claiming to have found it in the bedroom, in a tool box belonging to the husband of the couple. They arrested the wife and later the husband.
AS time went on I, my wife and my brother whom was a bystander at the home were subpoena by the couples lawyer... We went to court and they postponed it saying that they had new new evidence that need to be gone over. Come to find out I am being blamed as a CI(informant), first that is not true, then the mothers of the couples have became witnesses and wasnt even there saying that we told them that the cops forced their way into the home, which is untrue... now the lawyer is saying they were my wifes drugs, which they were not.
I am wondering what is this lawyer trying to pull,1t I was a witness in behalf of the defendant but now I and my wife are being fasley accused..... We have to go back to court on May 5th my daughters 1st birthday! I have been told that the lawyer wants us to plead the fifth but, I heard that is a trick to make us look guilty............... HELP ME PLEASE, this is stressing me out!!!

O

OhBullship

jlhfit said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana

I have a question for whomever can help me answer it. My wife and I were living with a couple when we first got married, we were awaiting on a house to come available. Anyway, at the time we were living there, the couples house got raided by law enforcement agents on a tip about drugs. The procedure went as follows... The cops came to the house on a probation violation warrant for the husband whom at that moment was at work. The cop asked the wife to step out but she refused, he ask to step in and she allowed and they did. The cop advised that they were there to p/u her husband on a probabtion violation, but he was gone, also he was off probation as of the day before after completeing community service. Later to find out it was an error..Well as the cops finished talking to the wife, he said he was also there on a a drug tip. At that moment my wife and I volentarly step outside leaving the wife, we stepped out to take the children in the home out of the way.
About 10 minutes later the cops walked out with about 1 once of marijuana, claiming to have found it in the bedroom, in a tool box belonging to the husband of the couple. They arrested the wife and later the husband.
AS time went on I, my wife and my brother whom was a bystander at the home were subpoena by the couples lawyer... We went to court and they postponed it saying that they had new new evidence that need to be gone over. Come to find out I am being blamed as a CI(informant), first that is not true, then the mothers of the couples have became witnesses and wasnt even there saying that we told them that the cops forced their way into the home, which is untrue... now the lawyer is saying they were my wifes drugs, which they were not.
I am wondering what is this lawyer trying to pull,1t I was a witness in behalf of the defendant but now I and my wife are being fasley accused..... We have to go back to court on May 5th my daughters 1st birthday! I have been told that the lawyer wants us to plead the fifth but, I heard that is a trick to make us look guilty............... HELP ME PLEASE, this is stressing me out!!!
You need to get a lawyer in your area to look everything over for you.

jlhfit

thanks

actually I have, I jsut was getting 2nd opinions and advise.. Its just very stressing..
The lawyer I talked to said just go and testify to best of abilities , its just games thier lawyer is playing.... But in the mean time its breaking friendships up and making my wife and I look bad when we ourselves do NOT mess with drugs.....

O

OhBullship

jlhfit said:
actually I have, I jsut was getting 2nd opinions and advise.. Its just very stressing..
The lawyer I talked to said just go and testify to best of abilities , its just games thier lawyer is playing.... But in the mean time its breaking friendships up and making my wife and I look bad when we ourselves do NOT mess with drugs.....
.....and this is a friendship that you really want to preserve?

O

OhBullship

A lawyer that you pay is going to protect your interests, a lawyer that they pay will protect theirs. Listen to the one that you are paying.

jlhfit

thanks

yea your right, but luckly my lawyer is a friend, hes providing advise for me for free.. He even called their lawyer and asked him what was going on... Hes a pretty good guy.. I guess I'm really stressing over nothing

I don't think your stressing over nothing, you and your wife have a baby. Get your own lawyer, and think about moving, because it sounds like there is alot of trouble where you are at. Next time someone could have drugs that would get you all arrested, you could all end up in jail! And you would not even know about the drugs, it happens every day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">