• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem with terminating parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

raysnow

What is the name of your state? - ARIZONA

I am a mother of two and this last childs father is one of a kind.

I will be giving birth in June of this year and the father of the baby wants the baby and for me to give up all of my rights. I said ok to that but me and my family still want to see the baby. How will I be able to do that if I give up all of my rights?
Does this work like an open adoption or what?

Or do I just give full custody of the baby? But if I do that will I have to pay child support?

Thank You for your time and advice. :eek:

Last edited:

LdiJ

raysnow said:
What is the name of your state? - ARIZONA

I am a mother of two and this last childs father is one of a kind.

I will be giving birth in June of this year and the father of the baby wants the baby and for me to give up all of my rights. I said ok to that but me and my family still want to see the baby. How will I be able to do that if I give up all of my rights?
Does this work like an open adoption or what?

Or do I just give full custody of the baby? But if I do that will I have to pay child support?

Thank You for your time and advice. :eek:
Unless he is married and his wife wants to adopt the baby its unlikely that the courts would allow you to terminate your parental rights and responsibilities. The state wants two parents legally responsible for children.

If you and your family want to be part of the baby's life then you shouldn't be giving up your rights...but that does mean that dad would be entitled to file for child support. You can't have rights without responsibilities.

Please think this through carefully...you may not feel the same way after the baby is born.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">