• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I Have A Warrant?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Piquante

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I need to know if I have a warrant for my arrest. The basic criminal history goes something like this:

1. Drunk driving, guilty but I skipped sentencing
2. Driving on a suspended license
3. Drunk driving, guilty, served time
4. Warrant for arrest when I was released for the suspended license violation. Paid
5. Another warrant issued, paid.

I am on probation, I have been to court a number of times and have even paid off another warrant for my arrest. All of which happened AFTER the first charge that I did not show up for sentencing. It has been a long time since that first conviction and still, nothing. When I was released from jail they were going to put me back in because I had an outstanding warrant. When that was paid off I was free to go. So they did examine my record to ensure that I was able to leave jail.... Am I the benifactor of some incredibly odd criminal system anomolie and they forgot about me? This is crazy.

CdwJava

It is possible that you still have a warrant. If a warrant is issued by another county or not entered in to NCIC, then they might not find it on your release.

You'll have to call the local court where it might have been issued, or walk up to a cop and ask to turn yourself in to find out for sure.

- Carl

Piquante

Do I Have A Warrant

I do not want to walk up and turn myself in... what if they somehow lost my case? It was issued in another county but last time I was released they checked other counties for warrants. Is there somewhere online that will do a warrant search or something? I found some but it takes 2 days and I just want some database that I can pay for an instant result. Thanks for the assistance.

O

OhBullship

Piquante said:
I do not want to walk up and turn myself in... what if they somehow lost my case? It was issued in another county but last time I was released they checked other counties for warrants. Is there somewhere online that will do a warrant search or something? I found some but it takes 2 days and I just want some database that I can pay for an instant result. Thanks for the assistance.
I have no idea how accurate this is but you can try it. If something shows up then you know that you have one. If nothing shows up you still don't know for sure.

You could also pay an attorney to find out for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">